Thursday 5 February 2009

Fable 2: Concluded

I finished Fable 2 around 3 months after starting it, which made me realise that the GTA 4 reference stands also in respect to the length of the game, although I had a lot more fun on the streets of Liberty City than in the woods of Albion.

Up until the end I wasn't really enjoying Fable 2, nor was it a drag ... I was just playing it. I was getting the feeling that the next mission will be amazing, the next task will be an outstanding setpiece but it just kind of ... existed.

But then the end came and I was blown away. Previously I've mentioned the lack of perceived choice in Fable 2, but the end forces you into the matter with a choice between three ways of continuing (I won't spoil it for you. Well, maybe a little.). Suffice it to say I spent a while considering my options, but ended up with the lesser of three evils. This simple ending dramatically changed my whole experience of the game, and with it my opinion. I can't see myself going back to Fable 2, but it was one of the more enjoyable games I've played recently.

Oh, and the dog gets shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't insult or spam, I review all but will only delete offense, pointless or spam comments.